Content writing for businesses is essential as part of an ongoing marketing strategy.
There are so many responsibilities you have to keep track of that you need to set up a priority list.
Improving content on your website is often a chore that falls to the back seat because there always seems to be something else to do that is more important. Yet your website content is one of the most crucial elements and shouldn’t be ignored so easily! Trust in our London content writing services to get the job done for you!
Why Hire a Content Writer for Your Business?
Hiring a professional who specialises in content writing for businesses will save you both time and money, and their specific skill set will bring you more clients.
When people visit your website, they are looking for solutions to their predicament. Let’s say you are in the hotel business. It’s a tough industry, where you have to attract your clients and also make sure they keep coming back.
Your clients have a predicament: they are looking for a place to stay. You should offer a solution that will prompt them to stay with you: comfortable rooms, great service, and reasonable prices. If you simply offer them a hotel website with basic info on your capacity and rooms, you are not differentiating yourself from your competitors.
Having the right content matters. A skilled business content writer is able to tailor content that will positively influence everything about your business: from web-page rankings, conversion rates, all the way to your reputation and popularity.
How Content Writing for Businesses Works
You might think that content writing could be a task easily delegated to staff members who are proficient in writing, but it is not that simple.
Professional content writers for businesses have honed their skills over the years and know exactly what type of content and strategy a particular business needs. You see, not all content is created equal. There are various types of content that you can cover. A skilled content writer can create content specifically tailored for:
- Website and landing pages
- Social media
- Marketing and digital marketing
- Advertising and more
Writing different types of content isn’t the only superpower of the content writer – they also know how to research your industry and your target audience. This helps them create content that will help you connect with the audience. They will highlight what you offer in a way that will make it desirable.
When you hire content writing services, first you will have to talk with the content writer about what you need.
- What kind of business are you?
- What type of products or services do you offer?
- How do they help your customers?
- What are your philosophies?
- What messages do you want to convey?
Here, it’s important to acknowledge that the content writer is a professional like yourself and knows what’s good for your business. Always focus on letting them know what you wish to achieve. Sharing such information helps the content writer set up the right strategy and tone for the content.
Social Media Content Writing
Why would someone hire business content writing for social media? Posting stuff to your social media accounts is a no-brainer! Well, turns out you need a bit more expertise to make those posts super high performing. It’s not the same as posting to your personal account.
Professional content writers for businesses will tailor the content depending on which social media outlet a specific business is focusing on.
- Twitter: You might have success with a catchy hashtag that your customers will use when talking about your services. This is a great way to add credibility and turn your customers to brand ambassadors.
- Facebook: You want to go with great storytelling and creating a unique voice that will really power-up your posts and messages.
- LinkedIn: You will have success by posting white papers or case studies.
Content type differs vastly within the same area, as the examples for various social media outlets show. And this is just the beginning of your content requirements. You need great content everywhere: on your website, for your marketing campaigns, you even need to impress search engines!
What Is Content Writing in SEO
Search engine optimisation (SEO) refers to a subdiscipline of marketing that deals with your search engine visibility. It helps drive traffic to your website through organic search engine rankings.
Simply put, having an SEO-optimised website means that you will be on top of search results when your targeted audience searches for keywords that relate to your products and services.
You achieve this by adhering to Google’s best practices, which, among others, include having unique, high-quality content. Professional business content writing services are well aware of the importance of SEO. When you hire your business content writer, you will also get content that is SEO optimised.
- Your content will have keywords that are relevant to your business and industry.
- Those keywords will be both short- and long-tail keywords.
- The keywords will be naturally integrated into the article – they won’t stand out or be forced in sentences and make them awkward.
- Your content will have attractive headlines – they should have a specific message or idea, and include a number or address the reader (research shows these work the best).
- The content will have meta descriptions – these are important for search engines to make sense of what the content is about.
- Your content will link to other content or your own – links are important signals that you are connected to other sites that rank well.
What Is Content Writing for Websites
Writing content for websites includes a myriad of things that will make it stand out. The aim is to be considered good by search engines and readers alike. Such content has the following characteristics:
- Short paragraphs and sentences – most online visitors will start to skim through the text when they see long blocks of sentences. The KISS principle helps here: keep it short and sweet.
- No unnecessary words or phrases – stuffing that word count won’t get you anywhere if they provide no value to the reader.
- No passives – too much passive voice tends to make sentences stuffy.
- Does not use jargon – readers will lose interest if they stumble on terms and phrases they don’t understand.
- No repetition – reading the same thing written in four different ways doesn’t add value.
- Direct addressing – your content should connect with readers, and using “YOU” will help make that connection.
What Is Content Writing in Marketing
Content writing for marketing includes all types of content that you can create to raise awareness and interest about your brand, and attract visitors to the experience you create through that content. It includes:
- Creating a complete content strategy and voice for your brand
- Writing content for your website
- Creating content for your blog
- Writing content for your social media channels
What Is Content Writing in Digital Marketing
Digital content marketing, on the other hand, includes various strategies and channels that are used to market your content to visitors and convert them to customers. It includes:
- Creating content for advertising
- PPC and SEO content
- Mobileriendly content
- Referrals and PR
How to Start Content Writing for Your Business
Even though it saves money in the long run, content writing for businesses is often not achievable right away. Those services are still an investment. If you are just starting out and lack funds for it, you can do your own content writing until you generate enough to hire professionals.
Here’s how to do it right:
- Think about your goals – what do you wish to achieve with your content? Conversion, building an email list, something else?
- Research your industry – learn current industry trends about content and what is popular.
- Research your competitors and their content – find out what type of content your competitors are creating and whether they are having success with it.
- Engage and connect with your audience – posting content isn’t enough; connect with your audience by answering their comments on your social media pages and engage them regularly.
- Showcase real user reviews and experiences – this is the best way to build credibility.
- Regularly update your content – if you have posted some type of content that has become outdated, don’t hesitate to recycle. Update it and share your insights with your readers!
Following the right strategy will help you get started. Once your business takes off and you have more important worries, don’t hesitate to contact our London content writing services to take care of your content needs.